Do you struggle to write clearly and powerfully? Have you wondered whether sub-standard writing could be holding back your career or business? Do you assume you either have it or you don’t, and therefore don’t bother trying to improve? How would you like to write with the style and flair of top journalists on newspapers like The Wall Street Journal and The Economist?
The Udemy online course “Writing With Flair: How To Become An Exceptional Writer” teaches you the principles and tactics to make your blogs, essays, and business writing sparkle. The instructor, Shani Raja, a former editor at The Wall Street Journal and previous contributor to The Economist, Financial Times and Bloomberg News, introduces you to the tricks of the trade that make the writing of those journalists sing and their words dance off the page.
What are the requirements?
A notepad and pen, or computer for writing exercises
Writing With Flair Course Content
Writing isn’t just another skill. It’s one of the most important you need for conveying a professional image and climbing up the career ladder. While plenty of people can write, very few have mastered the craft of writing with style and flair. By the end of this course, you’ll know exactly how to give your writing a massive edge over the work of your colleagues and competitors. You will discover how to:
- Be super-economical with words;
- Stop making simple ideas sound complex;
- Tell when you’re saying too much;
- Steer clear of weak or redundant words;
- Keep sentences active and express ideas more powerfully;
- Avoid jargon and clichés;
- Make crisp distinctions between contrasting ideas;
- Strategically use words like “it” and “they” and “this and “that”;
- Add consistency using a journalistic technique called house style;
- Present your writing ultra-professionally;
- Avoid what journalists call word echoes;
- Create an elegant narrative structure.
The course comprises 32 lectures organized into the following six sections:
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Simplicity
- Section 3: Clarity
- Section 4: Elegance
- Section 5: Conclusion
- Section 6: Elite Writer’s Checklist
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Shani Raja
- Lectures: 32
- Video: 3.5 hours
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available on iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.