Digital technologies are changing extraordinarily quickly. The four-week course “Digital Leadership: Creating Value Through Technology” will introduce you to the new digital landscape. It will cover what it means to be a ‘digital leader’, how aligning business and IT strategies and capabilities will enhance competitiveness, and, the role that digital technologies can play in empowering business. Whether you’re a CEO or someone involved in improving business competitiveness through digital technologies, this course is for you. Representatives of both profit and non-for-profit organizations will benefit through better understanding of how to plan, manage and implement new digital technologies. Digital Leadership is an ideal taster course if you’re thinking of pursuing an executive education, Master’s degree or MBA.
Digital Leadership: Creating Value Through Technology Course Content
This free online course consists of a variety of videos, articles, case studies, discussions, quizzes and activities based on your own experiences. You will be encouraged to share examples of the role that new technologies play in your organization and how they strengthen competitiveness, enabling you to benefit from other learners’ experience and to reflect on more effective approaches.
The course includes the following topics?
- Week 1
- Digital leadership challenge and experience
- Three dimensions of digital leadership
- Industry and occupational differences in digital skills
- Week 2
- Building an efficient Strategic alignment model
- Factors that constrain an enterprise from using ICT
- Week 3
- Technology leadership
- Mobile and Cloud computing
- Big data and business analytics
- Week 4
- Practical use of social media
- Internet of Things and Internet Plus
- Debates and group collaboration to use technologies
- You are not expected to have any prior knowledge of management theory or hands-on technology skills to get started.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Publisher: University of Reading
- Delivered by the Henley Business School
- Educators: Maks Belitski and Vicky Weizi Li
- Start Date: 22 May 2017
- Duration: 4 weeks x 3 hours per week