The computer gaming industry has grown exponentially over the last 20 years and with this growth has come business and technical innovation on a scale never before imagined. EA Games is one of the largest game development companies in the world and is responsible for some of the major games such as James Bond and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. In this ALISON free online course “Understanding the Computer Game Development Business“, we get an insight into the workings of EA Games as a company, how they manage their creative processes as well as their marketing strategies.
This course will be of interest to business, marketing and gaming entrepreneurs looking for inspiration to get them on the road to game development, as well as serious gamers seeking to understand the business processes needed to produce world-class computer games and companies.
Understanding the Computer Game Development Business – Course Content
- Risks involved in creative process to do with Gaming;
- How a game is developed within a Gaming company;
- The time and effort of resources to generate a console versus a Gameboy game;
- The marketing and creative imperatives of a new product;
- Organizational structure;
- Intellectual property;
- Potential growth sectors and the future of online games.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: Stanford
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes