Cryptography plays a vital role in modern digital communication systems. Cryptographic methods allow the encryption and decryption of messages sent across digital communication networks. In the Alison free online course “Understanding Cryptography and Its Role in Digital Communications” the learner is introduced to ancient ciphers and how they were used, and the vital role of randomness in cryptographic methods. The learner is taken through step-by-step examples. This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn more about cryptography and the vital role it plays in today’s digital communication networks.
Understanding Cryptography and Its Role in Digital Communications – Course Content
- Describe the use of ciphers;
- Explain the role of randomness in encryption;
- Explain the development of RSA encryption;
- The role of key scientists such as John von Neuman.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Publisher: Khan Academy
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Type: Academic – Third Level – Level 1