In today’s dynamic business environment, every organization manages a large number of business processes. Business processes determine what gets done, when and how, allowing organizations to achieve their strategic goals. What are the main ingredients of a business process and how can business process management (BPM) be effectively used to improve organizational performance?
The free online course “Business Process Management: An Introduction to Process Thinking” exposes you to “process thinking”. As you engage with the course you will become aware of how business processes are around you everywhere, and the key role they play both in your personal and professional life as you provide and consume products and services.
Business Process Management: An Introduction to Process Thinking – Course Content
Every organization runs a large number of business processes. This free online short course begins by posing the question: “How can we leverage knowledge of business processes to improve organizational performance in this complex, changing world?”
- Business process management and process thinking;
- The BPM lifecycle in more depth;
- The first three phases of the lifecycle: identification, discovery and analysis;
- Value-driven thinking and the next phases in the lifecycle: redesign, implementation, and monitoring and controlling.
Summary of the Main Course Features
- Educators: Marcello La Rosa, Marlon Dumas, Jan Mendling and Hajo Reijers
- Publisher: QUT
- Duration: 3 weeks x 2 hours per week
- Start Date: 5 September 2016
- Certificates available