If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll never arrive, which is why you need a strategy to direct your digital marketing decisions. The free online course “Online Business: Digital Marketing for Success” will introduce you to the rapidly evolving world of digital marketing and the role it plays in driving awareness and sales for online businesses. We will go on a customer journey together, to discover how people use digital to search, engage, review and buy. This course is part of the Online Business Success program, which will enable you to launch, market and run your own successful online business.
This course is targeted at learners who have a small online business or are considering setting up a small online business and wish to understand the principles of digital marketing, how to create a digital marketing strategy, and how to develop components of a campaign and evaluate their effectiveness. No digital marketing skills are necessary.
Online Business: Digital Marketing for Success Course Content
On this course, you will be guided by academics from the College of Business and the Business Enterprise Unit of RMIT University, plus you’ll hear from successful online entrepreneurs about how they run their own digital marketing campaigns.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand digital marketing and the opportunities it presents for online business;
- Realize the importance of a digital marketing strategy;
- Know the different forms of digital marketing and best application of each;
- Create the digital customer journey;
- Prepare for developing content;
- Design measurement and analytics.
The course includes the following topics:
- A step-by-step guide to creating your own digital marketing strategy, to keep you on the right track towards engaging and retaining your most valuable customers online;
- Digital marketing tools – what’s available;
- The four main components: search, content, social and email;
- Try the tools and understand the opportunities each presents, to form part of a compelling digital marketing campaign, which will get your online business noticed.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Brett Stavenuiter
- Published by: RMIT University
- Start Date: To be announced
- Duration: 4 weeks x 2 hours per week
- Certificates available