Th Alison free online course “Psychology – Development of Its Major Areas, Methods, and Schools of Thought” will give you an overview of psychology and its history, showing many reasons why someone may choose to study psychology in greater detail. You will learn how studying psychology can benefit you in many different areas. You will be introduced to the divisions of the American Psychological Association and what areas related to psychology that they focus on. You will also learn about different fields of psychology including emerging fields that are becoming more prevalent. You will learn about the major milestones that have been made in psychology, going from hundreds of years ago, until the modern day, and the different schools of thought including experimental psychology, structuralism, functionalism and behaviorism.
Psychology – Development of Its Major Areas, Methods, and Schools of Thought – Course Content
This free course will be of great interest to those who are interested in studying psychology and would like an overview of psychology and its history. It includes the following topics:
- The reasons someone should study psychology;
- The different divisions of the American Psychological Association;
- Emerging fields of psychology;
- The major milestones of psychology;
- The various methods and tools that can be used in psychology research;
- The different schools of thought in psychology that have been popular in the past, and the different people that popularized them.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Video: Yes
- Audio: Yes
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.