Packed with fun examples, colorful graphics, and easy-to-follow plain English instruction, “Teach Your Kids to Code: Learn Python Programming at Any Age” is the course parents and kids, teachers and students can enjoy together, as they build one of the top job skills of the 21st century! Python is a great first language for beginners, but it’s powerful enough to be used in companies from Google to IBM.
Quick, two- to eight-minute lessons will get you coding your own apps from scratch in minutes. You will be able to:
- Quickly master new problem-solving skills in Python with colorful, fun examples;
- Teach younger kids to code using Turtle graphics, with text-based games and apps for older learners;
- Build your own playable games and create beautiful graphics;
- Learn the basics of coding, from variables to loops and functions, with interactive, engaging apps.
Who is the target audience?
- For kids 8 and up (learn on your own), for teachers, or for parents working with children ages 4-12.
- Perfect for homeschooling parents or K-12 parents and teachers who want to give their students a HUGE advantage by learning to read and write code.
- This online course does not include Pygame programming.
- This course is not for experienced Python coders unless you want to code with your kids.
Teach Your Kids to Code: Learn Python Programming at Any Age – Course Content
In this course, you’ll code your own apps and games in Python 3.6 for Mac, PC, or Linux, from pre-K to college level; draw colorful spirals and shapes with Turtle graphics in Python; create fun, playable games like War, Yahtzee, and Rock-Paper-Scissors; build interactive apps that respond to user input and mouse clicks; and, master variables, loops and functions to prepare for more advanced programming courses (and a brighter future)!
The Course comprises 110 Lectures organized into the following sections:
- Getting to Know Your (Programming) Environment
- Turtle Graphics in Python
- Numbers and Variables in Python
- Random Fun and Games
- After the Course
- Turtle Gallery! User-submitted cool apps in Python
- A computer (PC, Mac, or Linux – even Raspberry Pi!). You’ll download and install the latest Python 3.6 (FREE!) with step-by-step instructions.
- If you can use a text editor (Notepad, Word, etc.), you can program in Python!
- No prior programming experience needed.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Instructor: Bryson Payne, Best-Selling Author & Professor w/students in 150 countries
- Lectures: 110
- On-demand video: 6 hours
- Articles: 4
- Supplemental Resources: 12
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
See BestOnlineCourses Home Page for any Special Offers on Udemy courses