The ALISON free online course Strategic Management – Decision Making Process and Tools looks at how top managers use the decision making process and associated tools to implement long-term goals and objectives. The course will be of great interest to managers and professionals in the area of strategic management, who would like to learn more about effective decision making processes that can guide a business’s future direction.
Strategic Management – Course Content
The course covers:
- The decision making process involved in strategic management;
- Decision making steps – determining the mission or purpose of an organization – specifying objectives and goals – formulating a strategic plan – monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the strategic plan;
- Strategic competitiveness, strategic risk, strategic flexibility;
- Internal and external analysis and the role they play in the decision making process;
- The 7-S Framework from McKinsey: Structure, Systems, Style, Staff, Skills, Strategy and Super Ordinate Goals.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Price: Free
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.