The ALISON free online course Strategic Management – Decision Making Process and Tools looks at how top managers use the decision making process and associated tools to implement long-term goals and objectives. The course will be of great interest to managers and professionals in the area of strategic management, who would like to learn more about effective decision-making processes that can guide a business’s future direction.
Strategic Management – Course Content
The course covers:
- The decision-making process involved in strategic management;
- Decision making steps – determining the mission or purpose of an organization – specifying objectives and goals – formulating a strategic plan – monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the strategic plan;
- Strategic competitiveness, strategic risk, strategic flexibility;
- Internal and external analysis and the role they play in the decision-making process;
- The 7-S Framework from McKinsey: Structure, Systems, Style, Staff, Skills, Strategy and Super Ordinate Goals.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Price: Free
Visit the Course Page