Find out how forecasting and managing your finances can lead to a profitable and sustainable business with this free course “Starting a Business 5: Managing Finances”.
This course is the fifth in a series of six about ‘starting a business’. You can sign up to the other courses in this series through the Going to University collection.
Starting a Business 5: Managing Finances – Course Content
The management of finances is crucial to a successful business; financial information provides the evidence to support your decisions about a business and helps to justify those decisions when you present them to other people. Whether you have an idea for a venture in the future or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will help you manage your finances and provide relevant and timely information. It will give you the time to plan, share your ideas with others and start to document your thoughts in a structured business plan.
This course is designed to complement your existing studies and aims to:
- Provide evidence for university applications and prepare you for university;
- Help you to gain new skills, think critically and learn independently;
- Encourage online / social learning;
- Develop collaboration and analytical skills;
- Embed current research into your online learning.
No previous knowledge or experience of business or enterprise is required, just an interest in businesses and how they emerge.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Richard Tunstall
- Publisher: University of Leeds
- Duration: 2 weeks x 2 hours per week
- Start Dates:
- 2 May 2016;
- 6 Jun 2016;
- 4 Jul 2016
- Certificates available