Protocol analysis is the technique of analyzing what is or has taken place on a network. This is used by Security Operations Center analysts as well as network forensics investigators. The Udemy course “Start Using Wireshark to Hack Like a Pro” covers the process for conducting protocol analysis. This will serve as a foundation for the skill required for a number of different types of careers.
This course is for anyone interested in learning what happens on their network or curious about a career in security or penetration testing. After completing this course, you will have the essential understandings to take a hacking or security course.
Start Using Wireshark to Hack like a Pro Course Content
The course includes:
- Key features of Wireshark;
- The essential components of network communication;
- The different methods of setting up a packet capture;
- Analyzing packets using the Wireshark tool;
- Analyzing client to server communication with Wireshark;
- Identifying potentially malicious traffic.
The course comprises 35 lectures organized into the following sections:
- Course Overview
- Course Setup: First Steps of Protocol Analysis
- Network Communication at the Packet Level
- TCP/IP Foundation
- Starting your First Capture
- Working with Capture Files in Wireshark
- Analyzing Packet Captures
- Examining Protocol Communication
- Bonus Capture Files
- The Steps of Professional Hacking
What are the requirements?
This course is for you if you have a basic understanding of the command line and general knowledge of what an IP address is and TCP/IP. You should also know about the 7 layers of OSI model.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Kevin Cardwell
- Lectures: 35
- Skill Level: Beginner Level
- On-demand video: 3.5 hours
- Downloadable Resources: 6
- Full lifetime access
- 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Price: $39.99 (Click the link below for details of any special offers)
Visit the Course Page