Protocol analysis is the technique of analyzing what is or has taken place on a network. This is used by Security Operations Center analysts as well as network forensics investigators. The Udemy course “Start Using Wireshark to Hack Like a Pro” covers the process for conducting protocol analysis. This will serve as a foundation for the skill required for a number of different types of careers.
This course is for anyone interested learning what happens on their network or curious about a career in security or penetration testing. After completing this course, you will have the essential understandings to take a hacking or security course.
Start Using Wireshark to Hack like a Pro Course Content
The course includes:
- Key features of Wireshark;
- The essential components of network communication;
- The different methods of setting up a packet capture;
- Analyzing packets using the Wireshark tool;
- Analyzing client to server communication with Wireshark;
- Identifying potentially malicious traffic.
The course comprises 24 lectures organized into the following eight sections:
Section 1: Course Overview
Section 2: Course Setup: First Steps of Protocol Analysis
Section 3: Network Communication at the Packet Level
Section 4: TCP/IP Foundation
Section 5: Starting your First Capture
Section 6: Working with Capture Files in Wireshark
Section 7: Analyzing Packet Captures
Section 8: Examining Protocol Communication
What are the requirements?
This course is for you if you have a basic understanding of the command line and general knowledge of what an IP address is and TCP/IP. You should also know about the 7 layers of OSI model.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Kevin Cardwell
- Lectures: 24
- Video: 2 hours
- Skill Level: Beginner Level
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available on iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.