In “Sounds True’s Freedom to Choose Something Different, Part 2“, Pema Chödrön, a respected and popular Buddhist nun, helps students transform themselves for the better. If you’re interested in evolving into the best possible person that you can be, you’ll need to be brave enough to recognize your own negative habits. Beyond that, you’ll also need to work hard to replace those patterns with positive ones. Pema guides you through the process of not only reflecting upon your actions but also the steps necessary to change. This course will show you how to establish a lifelong practice that will allow you recognize patterns of behavior that are holding you back from joy and freedom. You’ll learn that you do have the freedom to choose a different path for yourself and that you do have the ability to change, especially when you implement mindfulness techniques into your life. Pema Chödrön will also teach you loving kindness so you can be gentle to yourself, particularly as you move from a state of being hooked to negative habits, to a state of being free of those patterns.
Sounds True’s Freedom to Choose Something Different, Part 2 – Course Content
This course starts off with a discussion on the Three Difficult Practices, the first of which is noticing when you’re hooked to old patterns that are holding you back from joy. As you explore what it’s like being hooked (or what’s known in Tibetan Buddhism as shenpa), you’ll also learn why people become hooked in the first place. You’ll begin to comprehend how to break old patterns, as well as establish a new way of reacting to situations and people in your life. In order to prevent you from being too hard on yourself for any negative habits, you’ll even learn how to practice loving kindness towards others and yourself. To further understand how to unhook yourself and achieve freedom and joy, you’ll explore a mindfulness-awareness practice and a meditation that you can implement into your daily life. Finally, you’ll discover what it really means to choose a new alternative. You’ll know exactly how to avoid following the same old chain reaction so you can become more positive, grounded, and light. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to apply Pema’s teachings and practices with ease while creating a life filled with joy and freedom. You’ll know how to recognize and unhook yourself from negative patterns of behavior so you can heal yourself and help others.
The course comprises 14 lectures organized into the following sections:
- Being Kind to Yourself
- The Practice of Meditation and Its Relevance to Shenpa
- Choosing a Fresh Alternative
- BONUS MATERIAL – Live Session with Glenna Olmstead
Summary of Course Main Features
- Ani Pema Chödrön – born Deirdre Blomfield-Brown in 1936, in New York City. While in her mid-thirties, Ani Pema traveled to the French Alps and encountered Lama Chime Rinpoche, with whom she studied for several years. Pema first met her root guru, Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, in 1972. Ani Pema served as the director of Karma Dzong in Boulder, Colorado until moving in 1984 to rural Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to be the director of Gampo Abbey.
- Sounds True – Publisher of book, audio, and video titles in the fields of self-development, personal growth, and spirituality.
- Lectures: 14
- On-demand video: 4.5 hours
- Articles: 5
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
See BestOnlineCourses Home Page for any Special Offers on Udemy courses
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.