The free online course “Sales Prospecting and Lead Generation” provides information on the tools, techniques, and methods used for identifying leads and prospects, researching and preparing your sales goals and making the first sales approach to potential new customers.
The course will be of great interest to professionals working in a sales or sales management role, and who would like to learn more about the theory and tools used in sales prospecting. The course will also be of great interest to learners who would like to pursue a career in sales or a related field.
Sales Prospecting and Lead Generation Course Content
- The sequence of steps sales people follow each time they make a sale;
- Prospecting – where you search for new customers;
- How to follow up with your leads to turn them into sales;
- How to use tools such as direct marketing, cold calling, and online databases as sources to identify leads;
- The sales funnel concept;
- The value of generating a large pool of leads because many of your prospects won’t qualify or will drop out during the selling process;
- The pre-approach which is a critical step that helps you earn your customers’ trust and to sell adaptively;
- Using research methods to identify sales opportunities;
- Using pre-call planning worksheets to record your sales objectives;
- How to identify your customers’ problems and goals;
- How to brainstorm solutions and develop general and specific benefits statements;
- Setting SMART goals and utilising the four Ps, as you plan your sales presentation;
- The sales approach and the six Cs which will help you make a good impression when you contact your prospect;
- Techniques like preparation, research, establishing credibility and customization of the sales approach to the individual customer;
- What to do and what not do in relation to sales calls;
- The importance of e-mail and online social networks in sales;
- Leading with questions to learn about your prospect and how to engage him/her in dialogue.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.