In the data science industry, Big Data, Hadoop, Data Mining go hand in hand with Python. Alison’s free online course “Python Programming – Working with Complex Decisions and Events” can help you with some of the complex concepts of Python, applicable in the professional world of data science. This will be of great interest to those learners who wish to get started in programming and improve their ability to write programs using the Python programming language.
Python Programming – Working with Complex Decisions and Events Course Content
In this course, you will learn about creating and using ‘if statements’, and checking multiple conditions using ‘elif statements’. You will also learn about creating and using ‘for loops’ and ‘while loops’, and the mistakes that can happen when creating and using loops.
- if statements – used to check conditions and make decisions with your code;
- Different ways to write an if statement;
- Using the else statement for when the if statement is not true;
- Adding an if statement to check multiple conditions with the elif statement;
- How to order elif and if statements for your code to work correctly;
- The use of logic operators and & or in your if statements;
- The use of Loops in your code;
- Identify the process in constructing a for loop;
- Use of for loops versus while loops;
- The process for constructing a while loop;
- Issues that can occur when using loops in programming.
- You should have completed the previous two courses on programming with Python: ‘Programming Concepts with Python‘ and ‘Python Programming – Working with Numbers, Dates and Time‘.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level