This free online course from the University of Liverpool provides an introduction to how psychologists understand emotions, behaviours and thinking patterns, and how this helps clinical psychologists make sense of their clients’ problems.
The course includes:
- current challenges and debates in the area of diagnosis and treatment;
- new ways of thinking psychologically about mental health;
- perspectives on the “nature vs nurture” debate;
- how we are affected by life experiences;
- research on improving our mental health and well-being.
Summary of Main Features:
- Educator: Peter Kinderman
- FREE online course
- Duration: 6 weeks
- 3 hours per week
- Certificates available
No previous knowledge of psychology is required to take the course.