Successful business management practices implemented by skilled and knowledgeable managers are vital for the continued success and growth of any business. The Alison free online course “Preparing to Manage: Skills and Practices” introduces you to essential business management skills and practices. The course starts by asking what management is, and reviews managerial characteristics and skills. The course then covers topics such as management and the characteristics of an effective manager, and how to manage external relationships, accounts, information systems, competitive intelligence, and employees successfully.
This course is ideal for business professionals who are working in established companies and who want to prove a basic competency and knowledge of business management matters, and also to learn more about successful business management skills and practices.
Preparing to Manage: Skills and Practices – Course Content
- Management and the characteristics of an effective manager;
- How to manage external relationships;
- Management accounting practices and procedures;
- Best practices for managing and using information systems;
- How to manage information about business competitors;
- Best practices for human resources management in terms of selecting, training and appraising employees.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Connexions
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes