Basic R tutorial in which a climate change analysis tool will be created using real meteorological data from the CRONOS database.
Create an R library able to retrieve weather data from the CRONOS (//www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/cronos) database and plot the following information for the selected weather stations:
- Yearly accumulated rainfall.
- Mean monthly rainfall.
- Yearly mean of temperature across the years.
- Yearly mean of the maximum temperature across the years.
- Yearly mean of the minimum temperature across the years.
- First occurrence of more than 25mm (1 Inch) of rainfall in less than 3 days after start of spring (begin of the rain season).
- Number of days over 350C (950F) across all years.
- Date of the first day with temperature <00C (320F) after begin of fall.
- Date of the last day with temperature <00C (320F) until begin of spring.
1 : Overview of the online basic R tutorial
1.1 Optional : Why should I learn R
2 : What is going to be covered
3 : Getting started (installation)
4 : Basic data manipulation
5 : Basic data manipulation 2
6 : Data manipulation exercise solving
7 : Data types
8 : Data types 2
9 : Import and export data with R
10 : Characters
11 : Date/Time
12 : Date/Time exercise solving
13 : Vectors
14 : Conditional statements
Instructor: Tiago Zortea