Nursing staff provide essential support during all phases of the surgical cycle, which encompasses the peri-operative, pre-operative, intra-operative and recovery room phases. In this ALISON free online nursing studies course the learner is introduced to the vital roles performed by the medical team throughout the surgical experience.
The Role of Nurse in Surgical Care – Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- The range of surgical interventions performed in the treatment of disease and disorders;
- The related nursing implications and corresponding patient care procedures;
- Peri-operative patient care introduces the surgical experience with particular reference to the types and classification of surgical interventions, their function, risk level and impact on the patient;
- Pre-operative patient preparation procedures;
- Nursing implications, patient care, communication and the relevant documentation process ;
- The patient surgery, the surgical team and their respective functions;
- The selection, type, effect and administration method of the anaesthetic agents;
- Post-operative complications and patient care procedures in relation to body systems treated.
Summary of Main Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: AMEDD Center and School
- Price: Free
- The course is recommended for healthcare professionals who would like to acquire a greater understanding of the key phases in the surgical experience and the types of surgical interventions performed in the treatment of injury, disease and disorders.