Ensuring adequate health and safety is vital in the healthcare setting to prevent the spread of pathogens and to protect both the nursing professionals and their patients.
This free ALISON online nursing course will be of great interest to all healthcare professionals who would like to learn more about good nursing practices and techniques that help protect and maintain the health and safety of both nursing professional and patient in any healthcare setting.
Health and Safety, Movement and Exercise Course Content
This free online nursing course includes:
- Health and safety guidelines for the nursing professional in preventing the spread of Viruses, Blood and other body fluid pathogens in the Health Care Setting;
- Good body mechanics that demonstrate the importance of correct posture and body alignment for lifting heavy objects or when moving patients or materials from one location to another;
- Ambulating the patient regularly to assist the recovery process and ensure patient comfort, sleep, and relaxation when bed bound;
- Procedures to apply when positioning and turning adult patients with specific spinal or surgical conditions;
- The effects of immobility on the body and the resulting psychosocial effects;
- Purpose, type, and time of exercises, and guidelines for planning the appropriate range-of-motion exercises;
- The possible contraindications and the importance of documenting a patient’s progress.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 2-3 Hours
Publisher: AMEDD Center and School
Visit the Course Page