Java is one of the most popular programming languages used in professional application development. As such, there is an extensive job market available to those who master its syntax. However, mastering a language as complex and vast as Java requires a developer to start with a solid programming foundation. The Udemy course “Complete Java SE 8 Developer Bootcamp – OCA Prep Included” provides that foundation. The lectures and labs go beyond basic syntax by including best practices and object-oriented programming idioms. In addition, the topics covered help prepare students for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java Programmer SE 8 exam (a certification which demonstrates to potential employers a fundamental level of proficiency with the language).
Complete Java SE 8 Developer Bootcamp
The course includes how to read and write basic command line programs in Java; how to use an Integrated Development Environment (Eclipse) to develop and debug programs; how to generate HTML based documentation (Javadoc) for code; and the topics covered in the exam to become an Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer (Java SE 8 Programmer I 1Z0-808).
The course comprises 165 lectures organized into the following eighteen sections:
- Section 1: Welcome!
- Section 2: Getting Started with Java
- Section 3: Introduction to Objects
- Section 4: Static, Scope, and Garbage Collection
- Section 5: Packages
- Section 6: Java Conventions and Primitives
- Section 7: Java Syntax
- Section 8: Strings
- Section 9: Encapsulation
- Section 10: Inheritance
- Section 11: Polymorphism
- Section 12: Abstract Classes and Interfaces
- Section 13: Lambda Expressions and Static Imports
- Section 14: Dates and Time
- Section 15: Arrays
- Section 16: Collections
- Section 17: More with Collections
- Section 18: Exception Handling
What are the requirements?
- You should have basic computer skills (comfortable working with a command prompt or terminal, installing software, setting environment variables)
- If you don’t have any previous programming experience, you may find it helpful to read a brief introduction on the basic concepts (variables, functions, and control structures), such as the one found at http://codingintro.com/
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructors: Intertech Training – Jason Shapiro, Senior Instructor @ Intertech
- Lectures: 165
- Video: 11.5 hours
- Other: 21 mins
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available for iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion
Price: $99.99 (Click the link below for details of any Special Offers on this course)