In the UK there has been a 20% increase in deaths related to liver disease since 2000, and similar increases have been noted across the globe. This increase is not restricted to patients who drink alcohol – many inherited conditions and acquired infections can also cause liver disease. But liver disease as a consequence of obesity and diet is becoming especially significant.
This free online course from the University of Birmingham will teach you about the roles the liver fulfils to keep you healthy. Topics include:
- how the liver’s functions are compromised when it is damaged;
- why liver disease is on the increase;
- new treatment options available;
- simple steps you can take to look after your liver to prevent liver disease.
Main Features of Course
- Tutors: Dr Patricia Lalor and Dr Zania Stamataki
- FREE online course
- Duration: 3 weeks
- 3 hours per week
- Certificates available
Secondary or High school-level knowledge of science is sufficient to complete this course.
Read more about Health and Medical Degree Programs
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.