Whether you’re engaging in business across borders or cultural regions, meeting other people through international travel, working in a diverse, global organization or studying abroad, you can benefit from a better understanding of intercultural communication. Learn to appreciate, adjust to, and work or study in different cultures, with this free online “Intercultural Communication” course.
Intercultural Communication Course Content
This course will:
- Help you better understand cross-cultural complexity;
- Cultivate your awareness of your own and others’ cultural identities;
- Highlight some notable variations in communication styles and cultural values;
- Signpost paths towards building your intercultural competence.
The understanding and appreciation of cultural differences that you gain will help you adjust to the new cultural practices that come into your life – whether via the media or through interpersonal interactions.
You will need high school-level English or above;
No specific knowledge is required but you should have an interest in international issues, and curiosity about, exposure to or experience with other cultures.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educators: Steve Kulich, Hongling Zhang and Ruobing Chi
- Publisher: Shanghai International Studies University (SISU)
- Duration: 5 weeks x 4 hours per week
- Starts: 16 October 2017
- Certificates available
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.