Learn the skills required for working as a journalist and the key practices and procedures in journalism and reportage. This ALISON free online Diploma in Journalism will be of great interest to any learner who would like a career in journalism and to media professionals who work in the areas of communications and reportage.
Diploma in Journalism Course Content
- Key elements of the journalistic process;
- What the basic approaches to writing the feature story are;
- What different types of feature stories there are;
- How to identify stories which are new, unusual or significant;
- How to distinguish between a big news story and a small one;
- The different roles and responsibilities in a newsroom;
- How to use story weighting to assess a story’s value and newsworthiness;
- Online risks and threats affecting the modern journalist;
- Crowdsourcing, distributed and open source reporting and the use of social media in journalism;
- Tools, techniques, and approaches to storytelling known as data journalism
- Newspaper and magazine types;
- The relationship between the media and politics.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.