How do you feel about aging? What choices are you making to stay happy, healthy, socially-connected and active as you age?
During this five-week course “Strategies for Successful Aging“, distinguished academics and physicians at Trinity College Dublin will present world-leading research in successful aging, which may challenge many of the assumptions you have about growing old.
Strategies for Successful Aging – Course Content
As a community of learners, we will discuss what you’re doing to maintain your health, increase your wellbeing, maintain friendships and navigate life’s challenges. Together, we will discover the many opportunities for personal growth and community-building by exploring the skills, talents and dreams of older adults.
Each week investigates strategies for successful aging:
- Week 1 explores your perceptions and attitudes about aging;
- Week 2 focusses on improving your happiness and wellbeing, by defining what quality of life means to you;
- Week 3 places a spotlight on health and presents tips for increasing physical fitness, improving nutrition, and maintaining brain health through the years;
- Week 4 celebrates opportunities for staying connected by investigating the expectations you have set for yourself and by sharing your personal strategies for staying involved;
- Week 5 is all about creative aging – exploring the talents and contributions of older adults and sharing accomplishments with the world.
Summary of Main Course Features:
- Publisher: Trinity College Dublin
- Price: Free
- Mode: Online course
- Starts: February 8, 2016
- Duration: 5 weeks
- 2 hours per week
- Rose Anne Kenny
- Brian Lawlor
- Desmond O’Neill
- Eithne Sexton
- Maria O’Sullivan
- Mary Ni Lochlainn
- Richard Layte
- Sabina Brennan
- Sarah Bowman
- Silvia Gallagher
- Virpi Timonen
- No previous experience or qualifications are required.