In the Alison free online course “Programming Concepts with Python“, you will learn about programming concepts using the Python programming language. You will learn how to display text on the screen and about reading user input into your program. You will also learn about creating variables and manipulating them using functions. You will learn that everyone makes mistakes when programming and you are shown solutions to help you find and fix those mistakes. This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn programming concepts and how to write their own programs using the Python programming language.
Programming Concepts with Python Course Content
The course introduces you to what programming is and the possibilities of what you can create with programming. You will learn about the advantages of using Python to start learning how to program and you will be introduced to creating a Python project in Visual Studio. You will also learn about Visual Studio’s built-in feature called IntelliSense and its features and functions that will help you with your programming.
- Python – one of the easier programming languages to learn;
- How to create the “hello world” program with Python in Visual Studio;
- The importance of commenting your code;
- How to use the print() function to display text;
- Different methods of using quotes to contain your text in the print function;
- Solutions to help find and resolve mistakes in programming;
- How to create user input;
- The rules for creating a variable;
- Visual Studio’s IntelliSense feature and its helpfulness.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.