The ALSION free online course “Delivering Community Development” will guide you on how to maintain momentum during a community development project and how to evaluate the effectiveness of the project. You will learn about the key skills needed such as effective communication and facilitation techniques, how to prepare presentations and key leadership skills.
This course will be of great interest to professionals or volunteers working in community development and with community organizations and who would like to learn more about the key skills needed to deliver a successful community project.
Delivering Community Development Course Content
Using community health as a springboard for understanding community development you will learn about the key skills needed in delivering, funding and evaluating community-based projects. The course includes the following topics:
- Key communication techniques and active listening;
- The role and functions carried out by a facilitator;
- The different media channels that can be used to engage with the public;
- The roles of a leader and discuss the characteristics of an effective leader;
- Key factors that make a successful partnership;
- Functions of a coalition;
- The pros and cons of the various types of fundraising activity;
- The components of a successful volunteer program;
- Why it is important to evaluate a community development project;
- Different project evaluation methods that can be used;
- Ways which can improve the functioning of organizations;
- Activities that can help sustain momentum within a community group.
Summary of the Main Course Features
- Publisher: Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level