The way your mind functions has a lot to do with the way you are, and the things you do. Studying psychology is one of the best ways to understand why things happen to us the way they do, and justify our reactions for the same. Psychology is a science and it studies both human behavior and how the human mind works at both conscious and unconscious levels of thought. Psychologists research individuals and groups which helps them formulate general principles and theories. Alison’s “Diploma in Psychology” is an engaging course and is packed with features to help you understand and evaluate classic and contemporary psychology. Topics covered include classical conditioning, learning theory, the biological basis of behavior, visual perceptions, memory, and cognition.
This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn more about key concepts and theories in psychology, or those who would like to pursue psychology as a career.
Diploma in Psychology Course Content
The program includes the following topics:
- The differences between classical conditioning and operant conditioning.
- Terms related to sleep research.
- Different states of consciousness.
- Perception and the characteristics of the visual sensory system.
- Different factors influencing depth perception.
- Conditions which affect sight in old age.
- Terms associated with memory.
- Research methodologies in relation to psychology.
- The correct way to reference different sources.
The Research Methodology section allows you to cast a critical eye on the research process, to explore the nature of psychology as an evolving science, and understand some of the ethical issues faced by psychologists.
BIOLOGY AND BEHAVIOUR
- Resources: Psychology of Attention View Resource
- Module 1: Conditioning and Learning
- Module 2: Consciousness and Behaviour
- Module 3: Diploma in Psychology – First Assessment
MEMORY AND COGNITION
- Resources: Psychology of the Brain View Resource
- Module 4: Visual Perceptions and Illusions
- Module 5: Memory
- Module 6: Diploma in Psychology – Second Assessment
- Resources: Conduct and Ethics in Psychology View Resource
- Resources: Research Process and Methods in Psychology View Resource
- Module 7: Research Methodology
- Module 8: Diploma in Psychology – Third Assessment
- Module 9: Course assessment
Summary of Course Main Features
- Created by: XSIQ
- Duration: 6-10 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Academic – Third Level – Level 1