In the ALISON free course “Introduction to Excel 2013 Power BI“, you will learn about the Power Business Intelligence (BI) tools you can add to Excel 2013. You will learn about using power query to import data from the Internet and add that data to your Excel worksheet. You will learn about displaying your data with Power Views and Power Maps.
This free Alison course will be of great interest to business, accounting and finance professionals who wish to expand their knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2013 and learn about displaying their Excel worksheet data for more dynamic and engaging presentations.
Introduction to Excel 2013 Power BI Course Content
In this course, you will learn how to use Excel 2013 Power Business Intelligence features and functions. The course introduces you to the Power BI tools and how to set them up in Microsoft Excel 2013. You will learn about creating power views and how to add data from your data model to your power view. You will also learn about creating power maps and what data you need to modify in your data model to get it to work. The course includes the following topics:
- The uses of Power BI;
- Setting up Power BI tools in Microsoft Excel;
- Using Power Query to take information from the internet;
- Using Power Pivot to manage your data;
- How to set your default field set for your power view;
- The steps involved in adding an image URL;
- How to create a power view;
- Different ways interact with your data in power view;
- How to animate your chart base on time in power view;
- How to create a tiled card report in power view;
- How power maps rely on there being geographical information in your data;
- How to create a power map;
- Different methods for configuring your power map.
The learner should have basic skills in using Microsoft Excel and an understating of data relationships.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level