The free ALISON online course “How To Use A 3D Printer” introduces you to the hardware and software technology behind 3D printing. It will be of great interest to professionals in the areas of engineering, design and manufacturing who would like to learn more about 3D printing and its applications. It will also be of interest to all learners who would like to learn more about 3D printing and the future applications of this exciting technology.
How To Use A 3D Printer Course Content
The course introduces you to the hardware and software used in 3D printing. It includes the following topics:
- The different plastic filaments that are used;
- How to feed the plastic filament into the 3D printer for optimal performance;
- The different components of a 3D printer such as the extruder nozzle and contact sensor and their functions;
- How to set up and calibrate a 3D printer so that the object will be printed correctly on the printer base plate;
- 3D print software that can be used to design 3D objects;
- The importance of using 3D model repair to eliminate errors in the design that can cause defects in the printed object.
Summary of the Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.