Networking is a fundamental skill, which will help you take control of your career. Learn how to build and sustain your network to enhance your professional relationships and open up career opportunities. The free online course “Business Fundamentals: Effective Networking” introduces the principles of networking as a fundamental skill to help develop your personal brand in the world of work.
Business Fundamentals: Effective Networking Course Content
Build your network and personal brand online and in the real world. The course includes the following:
- You will craft, and receive feedback on, an elevator pitch, a short statement about your role and talents;
- How to analyse the value of your connections, whether you are looking for a new job or seeking ways of being more effective in your current position;
- Strategies for self-presentation, keeping in touch with your connections and ensuring that your networking relationships are based on mutual benefit and trust;
- Honing your interpersonal skills in essential areas such as giving and seeking information;
- The fundamentals of creating and managing your digital presence for networking on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
This course has been developed by The Open University Business School – a pioneering institution that is triple accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
It is one of eight from The Open University, designed to help you gain fundamental business and financial skills, including communication, networking, relationship building, project management, personal financial planning and management, investment and financial services.
The course does not require any previous experience of studying networking.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Terry O’Sullivan
- Created by: The Open University
- 12 September 2016
- 20 February 2017
- Duration: 4 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Certificates available