Bake your first real sourdough bread with coaching from an expert sourdough bread baker. Baking classes in your own home.
Tired of baking bricks when everyone else is baking super gorgeous bread with a holey crumb and crispy crust? Change all of that by enrolling in “Sourdough Baking 101.” There are only two sourdough bread formulas in this course: “First Loaf” and “Second Loaf.” The first loaf is easy. It is a round boule with a lower hydration dough, which means it is not too wet or sticky. The second loaf is a high hydration dough and is a batard or French-style loaf. Working together, I will show you how to handle a wet, sticky dough.
Sourdough Baking 101 Course Content
In this course, you will learn:
- How to make and care for your own sourdough starter
- Why it’s important to weigh ingredients.
- Gathering some basic baking equipment
- How to mix and fold the dough. No kneading here.
- Shaping, scoring and baking the dough.
- What to do after you’ve baked your first loaf… hint (bake your second loaf!)
The course comprises 43 lectures organized into the following eight sections:
- Section 1: Introduction to Sourdough Baking
- Section 2: Make Your Own Sourdough Starter
- Section 3: Baking Basics
- Section 4: Your First Loaf of Sourdough Bread
- Section 5: Your Second Loaf of Sourdough Bread
- Section 6: Alternate Ideas for Proofing Dough.
- Section 7: More Baking Information
- Section 8: In Conclusion
- BONUS Section
What are the requirements?
- Bring your passion for learning! A kitchen scale is necessary as well as other basic baking equipment, like a baking stone, a roasting pan lid, a sharp scoring blade, water spray bottle and other assorted items found in the home kitchen.
- Basic kitchen skills are necessary.
- A desire to bake and eat real sourdough bread.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Teresa L Greenway, Bread Baker, Sourdough Baking Teacher, Author, Blogger
- Lectures: 43
- On-demand video: 1.5 hours
- Articles: 16
- Downloadable Resources: 14
- Skill Level: Beginner Level
- Full lifetime access
- 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Price $29.99 (Click the link below for details of any special offers)
Visit the Course Page