Entrepreneurs love it, large corporations love it, universities and now even governments love it – welcome to the exciting and emerging world of the Internet of Things (IoT). Decades ago, we connected computers and got today’s powerful Internet. In the last few years, we started to connect everyday objects using machine-to-machine (M2M) technologies, to create the Internet of Things. But what does this really mean to you, your company and your country? What are the possibilities it offers, and the threats it poses? To learn how IoT works, and how to create a successful product or company using it, join the stimulating online course “The Internet of Things“.
This course is designed for practicing engineers, industrialists, researchers and entrepreneurs who are interested in the fundamentals, impact, and potentials of the Internet of Things. The course will also be valuable for those with a general interest in the Internet of Things, M2M (Machine to Machine) and Industry 4.0.
The Internet of Things Course Content
Become an Internet of Things wizard with this stimulating online course. The course includes the following topics:
- The opportunities and challenges of Internet of Things development;
- The impact of the Internet of Things on society and everyday life;
- Different modes of IoT connectivity in terms of their advantages and disadvantages;
- Important characteristics of IoT platforms and user interfaces;
- Security and privacy questions posed by the Internet of Things;
- A business model for building, marketing and pitching an IoT product idea.
Note that in the spirit of massive open online courses, this course does not substitute detailed technical learning materials. The aim of this course is to provide sufficient overview in IoT technology, data, and business, and to inspire. When appropriate, more detailed technical information is provided as additional study material.
- You’ll need to have some basic knowledge of technology, wireless communications and how markets function.
- However, no detailed knowledge is required, as advanced concepts exposed in this course will be explained in sufficient detail.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Educator: Mischa Dohler – full Professor at King’s College London, Head of the Centre for Telecommunications Research, co-founder of Worldsensing, and Fellow of the IEEE.
- Developed by: King’s College London
- Duration: 4 weeks x 2 hours per week
- Start Date: 6 November 2017