In the Alison free course “Stress Management – How Stress Affects Your Health” you will learn about the different ways stress can affect your health and cause psychiatric disorders. You will learn about the nervous system and how it induces stress and how the brain responds during a stressful situation. You will also learn how stress affects different organs. This course would suit students studying science and how the brain works or psychology. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to learn more about how stress can be caused and how we respond to it.
Stress Management – How Stress Affects Your Health
In this course, you will learn about the disorders that can be caused by stress, the role of the endocrine system during a stressful period, and the psychiatric disorders that are associated with stress. You will be given real-life examples to help you further understand the effects of stress and explain how the immune system’s ability to fight off antigens is reduced when you are stressed.
- How the brain responds during a stressful situation.
- How stress affects different organs.
- Disorders that are caused by stress.
- The role of the endocrine system.
- How the nervous system induces stress.
- How stress affects the immune system.
- Health risks associated with stress.
- The effect of stress on the various systems of the body.
- Psychiatric disorders associated with stress.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level