With ALISON’s latest free online course – “Sustainable Business – Managing Finances, Human Resources and Accountability” – learn how modern businesses can ensure sustainable practices are undertaken at all levels of their organization. Covering accountability in business; how businesses use sustainability reporting; dealing with human resource issues; and the relationship between finance and running a sustainable business, this free course will be of great interest to business professionals and eco-entrepreneurs. You will also learn about financial incentives to running a sustainable business, and the insurance industry’s interest in sustainability.
Managing Finances, Human Resources, and Accountability Course Content
This course covers how modern businesses display their sustainability efforts to the public and how they make sure sustainable practices are undertaken at all levels of the organization. Such efforts can give a business a competitive advantage by acknowledging and addressing social, environmental, and economic impacts throughout the business.
The course includes the following topics:
- Why accountability is essential to run a sustainable business;
- How businesses use sustainability reporting in order to communicate and be accountable for their actions;
- Life cycle management and the phases of a product life cycle;
- The key considerations in carbon and water footprint analysis;
- How sustainable businesses deal with human resource issues in order to create a corporate culture that ensures sustainability is valued and maintained throughout the business;
- How sustainability impacts various activities associated with finance;
- Investment opportunities that are socially responsibly and good for your business.;
- The insurance industry’s interest in sustainability and their efforts to address social, environmental, and economic impacts that businesses have.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level