In the Alison free online course “Mapping Techniques Using Drones” you will learn how drones can be used to make sophisticated maps and the technology that is used to do it. You will learn how drones are used to create accurate maps using GPS functionality, the common aerial views used in mapping, the software used to process images on a computer to create maps, and how 3D models are made from hundreds of overlapping still images.
This course will be of great interest to anyone who is interested how drones can be used to create sophisticated maps.
Mapping Techniques Using Drones Course Content
- Different types of maps that can be created using drones.
- What is involved in planning out the flight of the drone for maps.
- Image overlap, quality and views and their importance in creating maps.
- How GPS is used for creating maps with drones.
- The process of community mapping.
- The process of cadastral mapping.
- How archaeologists and geologists can use drones for mapping.
- To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.