The Alison free online course “Essential Management Skills for the Workplace” will introduce you to essential workplace skills that will help you be a more effective and successful manager. The course covers aspects of change management, bargaining power, workplace objectives, inner and outward confidence, how to prioritize tasks, motivation in the workplace, and the stages of development that all teams go through.
This course will be of great interest to existing junior managers or those wishing to move into the managerial level and who would like to develop core managerial skills. It will also be of interest to learners who would like to develop managerial skills needed for advancement within any business or organization.
Essential Management Skills for the Workplace Course Content
In this course, you will learn essential workplace skills that will make you a better manager. The course includes: change management, bargaining strategies, SMART workplace objectives, how assertive behavior is the emotionally intelligent mid-point on a scale which starts with passive at one end and leads to aggressive at the other, how to reflect an inner confidence outwardly, how to prioritise tasks, motivation, and the stages of development that all teams go through, from the forming stage where team members get to know each other right through to the adjourning stage.
The course includes the following topics:
- How to implement change management successfully;
- Strategies you can use to increase your bargaining power;
- The five qualities that all workplace objectives should have: SMART – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound;
- Factors that help people succeed;
- How to manage your time effectively;
- How to prioritize tasks;
- The four Cs of motivation in the workplace – Contribution, Cohesion, Compensation, and Comfort;
- The stages of team development;
- The benefits of virtual teams.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Walkgrove
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Higher High Secondary School
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.