Art and the therapeutic creative process of creating art can be incredibly useful for children who may have experienced bullying or trauma and can provide a safe sanctuary to share our feelings and emotions. The therapeutic, creative process of self-expression, can improve our physical and mental health, as well as our emotional well-being.
The Udemy course “Art Therapy: Drawing, Painting, and Self-Exploration (Part 1)” is fully accredited by a globally recognized CPD body, the Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency. Taking this course will give you the opportunity to gain a diploma signifying formal certification for 10 hours of CPD credit. You don’t need to be a great artist, or indeed consider yourself to be particularly creative. All you need is an imagination and an open mind to get the most from this art therapy course.
Art Therapy: Drawing, Painting, and Self-Exploration (Part 1) – Course Content
Did you know that coloring-in books for adults are outselling cookbooks? Coloring-in for just twenty minutes a day can bring you enormous benefits, including:
- A more relaxed state of mind;
- Lowering stress hormones;
- Help with insomnia.
Art Therapy may sound a bit daunting, especially if you believe yourself not to be particularly artistic or creative. However, this need not be an issue, as the purpose of art is simply to express, and not to judge, or compare. Art should be an extension of how you’re feeling, and for that, you are your own expert.
Within this art therapy online course, you’ll find a section on self-exploration and healing painful emotions, as well as a section for pure enjoyment and recreation. You’ll also find a section on therapeutic art for family bonding. This is great for better communication and an appreciation for each other, as you learn and create with one another. The course comprises 78 lectures and over 50 exercises and activities, organized into the following five sections:
- Section 1: About Art Therapy
- Section 2: Doodle Art
- Section 3: Therapeutic Art And Self Exploration
- Section 4: Art For Pure Enjoyment
- Section 5: Therapeutic Art For Family Bonding
What are the requirements?
- The perfect thing about this course is that no prior experience or knowledge is required.
- The only thing you will need is an imagination and an open mind!
- Please note, accreditation is optional. It is by no means compulsory, or a prerequisite for taking the course. Degree requirements vary based on the position you pursue and the area in which you reside or work. Should you wish to opt for accreditation and the diploma, full details and directions will be given at the end of the course.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Libby Seery, Founder of Renaissance Life Therapies
- Lectures: 81
- On-demand video: 4 hours
- Articles: 6
- Supplemental Resources: 104
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available on iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion