In the Alison free online course “Introduction to Computer Network Security“, you will learn about security in your computer network, the core principles of security and physical security, and the different authentication processes for your system. You will learn about user rights and permissions, about tracking users in the system, about creating proper passwords and common attacks used by hackers to get your passwords. This course will be of great interest to IT specialists, computing students, computer network engineers and those who wish to learn more about network and computer security.
Introduction to Computer Network Security Course Content
In the course, you will learn about the fundamentals of security within a computer network, about privilege levels, what the attack surfaces involve, about social engineering and people gaining access to the system through that. The course teaches you about risk management, physical security, authentication, rights and permissions for users, and issues around password security.
The course includes the following topics:
- The core principles of security;
- The four parts of risk management;
- Physical security as the first line of defense;
- The different layers of physical security;
- Different methods of authentication;
- How to set permissions and rights for your users in a windows operating system;
- Sharing folders and files;
- Tracking users with auditing;
- Encrypting your data;
- Different types of password attacks;
- Keyloggers and sniffers;
- How to create complex passwords that increase security;
- Setting up an account lockout for when a user incorrectly attempts to login.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.