The world today is facing an energy crisis – as long as the earth’s climate temperature and sea levels continue to rise, a solution to save our planet must be found. Renewable energy is an important part of this solution and, more particularly, so is solar energy. Here are 5 mind-blowing facts about Solar Energy:
- A HUGE amount of power – sunlight we get in one hour is enough to power the whole world for a year!
- Solar power can be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – “What do I do at night?” – There are several solar-plus-storage systems that enable you to store power for later use.
- Airplanes can be operated solely on solar power – cars, trains, airplanes, and even space stations!
- Reduces global warming – by decreasing the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere.
- Environment-friendly – it’s one of the cleanest, most sustainable, and most renewable resource in the world.
After witnessing remarkable growth over the past decade, solar power has now entered the mainstream. Understand solar-power and its uses, with the Alison free online course “Solar Energy – Solar Technology and Its Use Worldwide”. The course provides an introduction to solar technology, the consequences of using fossil fuels, and how to encourage the use of solar power. Solar energy involves harnessing the energy of the sun to either create electricity or to complete tasks that would have otherwise required electricity, such as lighting and heating. It is clean and renewable and the costs are continually decreasing.
This course will be of great interest to homeowners or business owners who are interested in investing in solar power, and students of science or simply anyone who would like to learn more about renewable energy.
Solar Energy – Solar Technology and Its Use Worldwide – Course Content
This course teaches you about solar technologies that are used to capture the solar energy from the sun and how they can be implemented in homes, offices, schools, factories, and farms to lessen the soot, smog, acid rain, and mercury poisoning that plagues the earth as a result of burning fossil fuels. You will also learn about what barriers prevent more people from accessing and utilizing solar energy and what can be done to encourage the use of solar energy worldwide.
The course includes the following topics:
- The ways that solar energy can be used.
- Photovoltaic and Concentrated Solar Power systems.
- How solar can be used in homes, businesses, factories, etc.
- The world leaders in solar power.
- What could happen if there isn’t a shift towards renewable energy?
- Barriers to solar energy.
- The considerations that must be taken into account when installing a PV system.
- Methods that governments, action groups, and communities can use to promote solar.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Developed by: Advance Learning
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Level: Academic – Third Level – Level 1