In this free Alison online course “Software Testing – Black-box Strategies and White-box Testing” you will learn about strategies for Black-box testing, about equivalence class testing and special value testing. You will learn about three of the strategies for combinatorial testing and also about using White-box testing and the types of errors and faults it tests for. This course will be of great interest to those wishing to learn about strategies for testing software.
Software Testing: Black-box Strategies and White-box Testing – Course Content
- The use of equivalence class testing and how equivalence classes are created for both invalid and valid data.
- Special value testing: general risk and special risk.
- The process of Boundary Value Analysis testing.
- Three strategies for combinatorial testing – another black-box strategy.
- The Decision table-base testing, cause-effect graphing and its usefulness.
- Pair-wise or all-pairs testing.
- Strategies used in white-box testing and how they can be broken into different types.
- The learner will need to have completed the previous course Introduction to Software Testing.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level