The free online course “Public Relations: Optimize Systems Theory and Stakeholder Management Practices” guides you in a step-by-step manner through the organizational principles, stakeholder prioritization, and research practices of modern public relations.
This will be of great interest to you if you work in the area of PR and communications, and would like to learn more about effective PR. It will also be of interest to learners who would like to learn more about the organizational and research theory that drives PR, while simultaneously learning how to manage the stakeholders in your organization.
Optimize Systems Theory and Stakeholder Management Practices Course Content
- The organizational theory surrounding public relations;
- Organizational factors and structures, two areas vital in helping you to achieve excellent PR;
- Two of the main approaches used in PR today; the Systems Theory Approach, and the Stakeholder Management Approach;
- Methods that will help you to identify and prioritize stakeholders and publics, as well as helping you learn how to manage different stakeholders;
- The Situational Theory of Publics, and the Contingency Approach to PR Strategy;
- The real life applications and benefits of effective stakeholder management;
- The importance of research in public relations, and its impact on your PR strategy;
- The importance, purpose, forms and different types of research
- The different methods of data analysis.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level