In the Alison free online course “Psychology – Perceiving the World Around You“, you will learn about the psychology of perception, which is the process of recognizing and interpreting sensory stimuli. You will be introduced to the process of sensation that leads to perception. You will learn about various sensory mechanisms such as visual, auditory, olfactory etc. You will learn about external factors and psychophysical concepts that play a role in perceptual processes.
Psychology – Perceiving the World Around You – Course Content
This course will be of great interest to those who are interested in learning about how people perceive the world. It includes the following topics:
- The process of sensation related to the five main senses.
- External factors that affect perception.
- The theory of signal detection and its application in everyday life;
- Gestalt Principles and how they aid in the perceptual process;
- Form perception – which includes monocular and binocular cues;
- How culture can influence our perception and distortions in perception.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Video: Yes
- Audio: Yes
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes