The ALISON free online course “Advanced Chemistry” offers an in-depth exploration of general, organic and analytic chemistry. It examines topics such as chemical equilibrium, rates of reaction, chromatography and their applications in real-world industries.
These tutorials are an excellent complement to chemistry classes for students or for those working in the chemical industry who would like to refresh their knowledge of these topics.
Advanced Chemistry Course Content
- The ‘mole’ concept, used in calculating chemical reactions;
- The procedures involved in volumetric analysis including titration and dilution;
- Analysing the chemical reactions of acids, bases, and oxides;
- Analytical chemistry such as qualitative analysis, chemical reactions, gravimetric analysis, spectroscopic techniques and chromatographic techniques;
- Equilibrium reactions, dissociation constants of weak acids, Le Chatelier’s principle, the use of the pH scale, sulfuric acid;
- And many more interesting chemistry concepts.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Publisher: XSIQ
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Post-Secondary