The ALISON free online course “Public Relations: Best Practices and Ethics” guides you in a step-by-step manner through the best practices and ethics necessary for excellence in public relations. The course reviews case studies of best practices in action to see how they can be applied in the real world. You will learn about the importance of ethics, moral analysis, and leadership in public relations, and their potential impact on your PR strategy.
This free online course will be of great interest to learners who work in the area of PR and communications and would like to learn more about excellence in PR. It will also be of interest to learners who would like to learn more about the best practices and ethics that drive PR, while also looking at examples of excellent PR in action.
Public Relations: Best Practices and Ethics – Course Content
- The importance of achieving goals and objectives;
- The difference between strategic objectives and ineffective objectives;
- The RACE acronym: conducting Research, strategic Action planning, Communication implementation, and Evaluating your results;
- Four primary areas of functional responsibility in public relations;
- The importance of strategic management within each PR function;
- Ethics in relation to PR;
- How to morally analyze a business plan;
- Excellence and effectiveness in PR management;
- The variables identified in Grunig’s Excellence Study.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level