What Is Java Server Pages (JSP)?
JSP (JavaServer Pages) is a popular web application solution for Java. JSP helps developers create dynamically generated HTML web pages on the fly. JSP is similar to PHP, but it uses the powerful Java programming language instead.
Benefits of Taking This JSP/Servlets Course
Knowing JSP and Servlets can get you a job or improve the one you have. It’s a skill that will put you more in demand in the modern web development industry, and make your software life easier, that’s why it’s so popular and backed by Oracle.
The Udemy course “JSP, Servlets, and JDBC for Beginners: Build a Database App” will help you quickly get up to speed with JSP and Servlets. It will demystify the technology and help you understand the essential concepts to build a real JSP/Servlet web application from scratch.
JSP, Servlets, and JDBC for Beginners
This course is project-based and you will build a fully functioning JSP/Servlet web application from scratch. It starts off with a brief overview of JSP and Servlets, how to setup your development for JSP by installing Tomcat and Eclipse, and how to connect Eclipse and Tomcat for rapid application development.
The course covers the key JSP scripting elements: Expressions, Scriptlets and Declaration. For each scripting element, you are shown working code examples along with the appropriate use-case and best practices.
You learn about the built-in objects available in JSP. Code examples demonstrate the most common built-in objects.
You’ll cover how to read HTML form data with JSP. This includes reading form data for text fields, drop-down lists, radio buttons and checkboxes. Then you learn how to manage application state with Sessions and Cookies. You make use of the built-in session object to keep track of actions for a unique user. You also leverage Cookies to personalize a web site for a specific user. Finally, the course includes JDBC database integration. You learn how to leverage JDBC queries, inserts, updates and deletes in a JSP/Servlet web application.
At the end of this course, you will have a fully functional JSP/Servlet web application that connects to a database. You can use this application as a starting point for your project.
The course comprises 117 lectures organized into the following sections:
- Course Introduction
- Getting Started with JSP
- JSP Fundamentals
- Reading HTML Form Data with JSP
- State Management with JSP
- JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL) – Core Tags
- JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL) – Function Tags
- Build a Multi-Lingual App with JSTL – i18n Tags
- Servlet Fundamentals
- MVC – Build an MVC App with Servlets and JSP
- Build A Complete Database Web App with JDBC – Part 1
- Build A Complete Database Web App with JDBC – Part 2
- Build A Complete Database Web App with JDBC – Part 3
- Build A Complete Database Web App with JDBC – Part 4
- Build A Complete Database Web App with JDBC – Part 5
- Bonus – Deploying a WAR file to Tomcat
- Discount Coupon for More of My Java Training
- Basic Java knowledge is required
- Basic HTML knowledge is helpful
This course is fully up to date and covers the latest JSP 2.3 and Servlet 3.1. Also, all code examples make use of the latest Java 8 version.
Most importantly, this course is project-based and you’ll build a real JSP/Servlets web application that connects to a database … all from scratch.
Finally, all source code is provided with the course along with setup instructions.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Instructor: Chad Darby – Popular Java Spring Instructor – Best Seller
- Lectures: 117
- On-demand video: 8.5 hours
- Articles: 31
- Downloadable resources: 49
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Price: $94.99 (Click the link below for detils of any special offers on the price of this course)