iOS 9 and Swift 2 developers are some of the highest paid coders throughout the planet right now. There couldn’t be a better time to join the world of app development. The Udemy course “iOS 9 and Swift 2: From Beginner to Paid Professional” is designed for people with little or no programming experience who are focused on changing careers, getting a promotion, or who desire to build iOS 9 & Swift 2 apps professionally. Existing programmers looking to become professional iOS developers will also find this course incredibly valuable.
The course will enable you to: apply to Jr iOS development jobs; build apps at your current development job; master iOS 9; master Swift 2; and, build and release iOS 9 & Swift 2 apps to the Apple App Store.
What are the requirements?
- Mac or PC running OSX;
- You should be very familiar with computers and Mac OSX;
- You should be able to type at least 50 WPM;
- Familiarity with basic programming principles such as Functions, Loops, Types, and Classes is helpful but not required;
- No experience with Swift 2 or iOS 9 needed!
iOS 9 & Swift 2 Course Content
This course will teach you iOS 9 and programming concepts in the order of importance – what potential employers are looking for and the core skills you need to make professional applications. The course comprises 178 lectures organized into the following nineteen sections:
- Section 1: Installation, Setup, Git, and Your First App
- Section 2: Moving Forward with Swift and iOS
- Section 3: Progressing With iOS: Arrays, Loops, Audio, & an Awesome App
- Section 4: Being a Better Coder: OOP, Dictionaries, & Proper Programming
- Section 5: Finishing Foundational Swift & Mastering Basic iOS
- Section 6: Tables & Data
- Section 7: Maps & GPS
- Section 8: Web Requests
- Section 9: Microsoft Cognitive Services: Facial Recognition
- Section 10: Pokedex
- Section 11: Building a Social Network With Firebase
- Section 12: App Design
- Section 13: Submitting to the App Store
- Section 14: Debugging & Solving Crashes
- Section 15: Hot Topics & Updates
- Section 16: Career Preparation
- Section 17: BONUS: Developers Live Web Series
- Section 18: BONUS: What to do after this course
- Section 19: Old Content
iOS 9 & Swift 2 Course Structure
If you really want to become a great iOS & Swift developer watch the concepts, and then do the warmups, quizzes, and exercises. Warmups will help you learn how to think like a programmer and are more algorithmic based. It is important to keep training your brain. After each core principle is taught you will be given real industry-standard interview questions, meaning questions that you would likely be asked in a iOS development job interview. At the end of each core principle, you will be given an exercise that you must build that demonstrates the skills you have just learned.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Mark Price
- Lectures: 178
- Video: 51.5 hours
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available on iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.