The free Alison course “Japanese Language: Time and Parts of Speech” will introduce you to methods for constructing sentences in Japanese. You will learn the Japanese words for describing time such as the months of the year, days, hours, and minutes. You will also learn about different aspects of Japanese grammar such as verbs, demonstratives, and particles.
This free online course will be of great interest to students of the Japanese language, people traveling to Japan for business or on vacation, or even someone who is simply interested in Japanese culture.
- This course is the third in a series of four courses on the Japanese language. Prior to beginning this course, you should have completed “Japanese Language: Introduction to Japanese Scripts” and “Japanese Language: Introduction to Japanese Phrases“.
Japanese Language: Time and Parts of Speech – Course Content
This course includes the following topics:
- Japanese words that describe half and quarter hours;
- Japanese words for the hours of the day, days of the week, and months of the year;
- The Japanese method of counting floors in a building and small objects, and the words for such;
- The meanings of various Kanji characters;
- The meaning of the verbs “ni” and “arimasu” and how they are used;
- When and how the particles “o” and “de” are used;
- Japanese vocabulary and their English equivalents.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Academic – Third Level – Level 1