The Alison course “Introduction to Japanese Scripts” introduces the Japanese language, how the scripts were developed, and how they are used. In this course you will learn basic pronunciation of Japanese scripts as well as how the language is written.
This free online course will be of great interest to students of the Japanese language, people travelling to Japan for business or on vacation, or even someone who is simply interested in Japanese culture.
Introduction to Japanese Scripts Course Content
The course introduces you to basic conversational introductions that are used in the Japanese language, including how to introduce yourself to others, how to say hello and goodbye, and how to ask a person their name or where they are from. You will also learn the Japanese words for numbers 1-70.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- List the three Japanese scripts.
- Describe how each Japanese script is used and written.
- Explain the meanings of various conversation phrases.
- State the Japanese words for numbers 1-70.
- Pronounce Japanese vowel and consonant sounds.
- Explain the meanings of various Japanese vocabulary words.
List of Modules in the Course
- Introduction to Japanese Scripts
- Conversational Introductions in Japanese: Part One
- Conversational Introductions in Japanese: Part Two
- Response Phrases
- Course assessment
Summary of Main Course Features
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Academic Level: Third Level – Level 1
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.