The free Alison course “Japanese Language: Introduction to Japanese Conversation” will introduce you to different conversational phrases, including how to ask basic questions such as “How are you?” and “What is your birthday?”.
This free online course will be of great interest to students of the Japanese language, people traveling to Japan for business or on vacation, or even someone who is simply interested in Japanese culture.
- This course is the fourth in a series of four courses on the Japanese language. Prior to beginning this course, you should have completed “Japanese Language: Introduction to Japanese Scripts“, “Japanese Language: Introduction to Japanese Phrases“, and “Japanese Language: Time and Parts of Speech“.
Introduction to Japanese Conversation – Course Content
This course includes the following topics:
- The meanings of different Japanese conversational phrases;
- Location-describing words for living and non-living things;
- Conjugation using the past negative;
- The words “-masen ka” and “masho”;
- How the conjunction “soshite” and “”to” are used;
- The meanings of several kanji characters and Japanese words;
- The meaning of the suffix “-goro” and how it should be used;
- “i-adjectives” and “na-adjectives”;
- The meanings of several new Kanji characters and vocabulary.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes