The free online course Introduction to Sales Management provides information on the key skills involved in selling. While using the traditional selling tenets as its foundation, the course adapts the concepts to the rapidly changing world of business, including the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs, wikis, and other interactive ways of connecting with customers.
The course will be ideal for sales professionals or entrepreneurs or anyone with an interest in sales and customer satisfaction.
Introduction to Sales Management Course Content
The course content includes:
- The role of sales in everyday life and how selling is also vital in all aspects of business;
- How selling plays a role in your purchase decision about the products and services that you buy (and concepts and causes that you believe in);
- How Internet-based tools such as forums, social networks like Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter, along with Web sites, live chat, and other interactive features allow customers to participate in the sales process;
- Which personal characteristics and talents are best suited to sales;
- Which industries or sales positions you might work in,and how you can be successful in the profession;
- Defining your personal brand to create a framework for the way you sell yourself to get the job you want
- How to craft your résumé and cover letter in a way that tells prospective employers what your personal brand has to offer;
- The differences between business-to-business, business-to-consumer, Personal selling and direct selling;
- The methods of relationship selling and how making a personal connection with the customer is vital;
- Customer relationship management tools and how they are used to organize all of a customer’s interactions;
- Adaptive selling, which allows you to truly listen, understand the customer’s needs and adapt your conversation and presentation accordingly;
- Networking which is an important part of the business world and an even more vital part of sales;
- How building strong relationships with customers is an excellent way to build your network.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 2-3 Hours
Publisher: Saylor Foundation
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.